Classic mojito cocktail meets butter cake in this fun fruit-topped summer dessert.
The ingredient of Berry mojito cake recipe
- 150g butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white rum (optional)
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- 125g raspberries
- 60g blueberries
- 100g strawberries, sliced
The instruction how to make Berry mojito cake recipe
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm (base) round cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, vanilla and 3/4 cup caster sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined after each addition. Stir in milk, then sifted flours until combined.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand cake in pan for 10 minutes. Turn cake out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining caster sugar with 2 tablespoons water in a small frying pan over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Add lime slices. Boil for 3 to 4 minutes, without stirring, or until syrup thickens and lime slices are tender. Remove from heat. Transfer lime slices to a plate. Stir lime zest into syrup. Cool. Stir lime juice and rum, if using, into syrup.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream, icing sugar and lime rind until just-firm peaks form. Roughly crush two-thirds of the raspberries. Fold into cream mixture to form a marbled effect. Tear remaining raspberries.
- Cut cake in half horizontally. Place cake base on a serving plate. Drizzle with half the cooled lime syrup. Spread with half the cream mixture. Sandwich with cake top. Dollop top with remaining cream mixture. Top with candied lime slices and berries. Drizzle with remaining lime syrup. Serve.
Nutritions of Berry mojito cake recipefatContent: 403.671 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 17.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 35.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 4.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 105 milligrams cholesterol