An easy substitute for fresh cream, mock cream is ideal to use as a filling in traditional tarts or between fluffy sponge cakes.
The ingredient of Mock cream recipe
- 140g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered gelatine
- 185g unsalted butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
The instruction how to make Mock cream recipe
- Stir the sugar, milk and 80ml (1/3 cup) water in a small saucepan over low heat, without boiling, until the sugar dissolves.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over the sugar mixture and stir until the gelatine dissolves. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Mixture will thicken slightly.
- Use electric beaters to beat the butter and vanilla in a bowl until very pale. With the motor running, gradually beat in the cooled milk mixture, beating until pale and creamy.
Nutritions of Mock cream recipefatContent: